Job Description: Fully Licensed Psychotherapist (LCSW or LCPC)
Fully licensed members of our clinical team primarily provide evidence-based individual and couples therapy services to adult clients in our outpatient practice offices located in South Loop and Lakeview neighborhoods. They treat a range of presenting problems such as anxiety, depression, LGBTQIA+ issues, life transitions, relationship issues, race and ethnicity issues, self-esteem and trauma, while keeping each client’s unique identity and desired goals at the front and the center. We also expect clinicians to submit their progress notes within the same calendar day, contribute to our psychoeducational outreach efforts, pursue professional development, and be an active participant in our team meetings.
Key recurring tasks of this position include:
- Conducting full length (53-60 min) psychotherapy sessions with clients on a weekly basis
- Providing evidence based psychotherapy treatment using a range of modalities such as the Psychodynamic method, CBT, DBT, and Gottman method.
- If clinically necessary, referring clients to appropriate level of care (e.g., psychological evaluation, medication, intensive outpatient program)
- If clinically necessary, intervening when a crisis presents itself and taking appropriate actions to ensure safety of client(s)
- Engaging in psychoeducation during sessions as needed to help clients better understand the mental health landscape
- Upholding and modeling strong boundaries
- Upholding and modeling reliability, dependability, and punctuality
- Prioritizing client care and well being above all else
- Preparing strong progress notes and posting them within the same day
- Occasionally conducting 15-minute phone consultations with prospective clients (compensated work)
- Additional tasks that may be required by your supervisor or completed voluntarily by you include:
- Contributing to our psycho educational outlets with your articles
- Engaging in ongoing professional development by completing trainings
- Attending our case consultation group meetings
We see our fully-licensed psychotherapist opening as a growth position for clinicians who recently obtained their LCSW or LCPC licenses. We understand that they will be experienced enough to be an independent clinician but they will also need strong support at this early stage of their career so that they can close any gaps in their clinical knowledge/skills while providing therapy services to their clients to their absolute best ability. Therefore, we also expect any candidate to appreciate the importance of seeing themselves as “work-in-progress” therapists. Each fully licensed clinician at our practice receives one-hour weekly individual consultation from a more experienced clinician. Accordingly, we expect our fully licensed clinicians to be motivated to engage in intense ongoing professional development, and display openness to feedback from clients and their in-practice consultant, and follow the guidance of their supervisors. In addition, we invest heavily in our clinicians such as providing them with an assigned physical office, professional marketing and steady stream of referrals, taking over all expenses incurred for insurance credentialing, a competitive salary, a competitive benefits package, and growth opportunities within our practice. Therefore, we expect each candidate to apply to this position with an intention to be a long-term member of our team.
According to best practices of mental health care and codes of ethics, we expect our fully licensed clinicians to be fully committed to the following principles:
- Adhering to our profession’s ethics code
- Client-first approach
Minimum expected qualifications
- Holding an active LCSW or LCPC license in Illinois (or having completed all licensing requirements such as passing the exam and submitting your application package to IDFPR)
- At least two years of successful post-graduation experience in providing psychotherapy services (or a strong equivalent experience)
- Competency in at least two modern evidence based psychotherapy modalities (e.g., ACT, CBT, DBT, Gottman method, Psychodynamic method)
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA
- Strong knowledge of professional code of ethics (ACA or NASW)
In addition, we prefer applicants who share our clinical team’s commitment to the principles of trauma-informed care for our clients:
- Commitment and enthusiasm to ongoing learning and growth through supervision and seeking additional trainings to close learning gaps and meet client needs
- Working at an assigned physical office five days a week.
- Offering both in-person and telehealth sessions.
- Upholding strong boundaries with clients, co-workers, and management.
- Commitment to a fixed schedule with minimum 3 evenings availability
- A full caseload of 24+ weekly client sessions booked
Compensation and Benefits
- Up to $85,000 gross compensation per year
- Fee-for-service model with a guaranteed minimum salary upon attaining full time status and maintaining full time workload for 60 days.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical insurance (BCBS PPO)
- Dental insurance (Guardian Dental PPO)
- 10 days paid time-off
- 5 days unpaid time-off
- 401k plan and 2% matching (Guideline)
- $300 first year CEU stipend
- Weekly individual clinical consultation
- In house CEU academy
- Starter resources and referral lists
- Strong professional support to help you develop and succeed
- Professional photoshoot and bio writing support
- Weekly individual consultation
- Minimal administrative overhead due to sophisticated and thorough practice management
- Structured, reliable and systematic policies that acknowledge client needs and clinicians
- Extensive office closure calendar in addition to PTO and UTO.
If you are interested in our Fully Licensed Psychotherapist opening, please apply on our Careers Page.
We look forward to connecting with you and hopefully to have you as a member of our team.